The first birthday is a special day for parents. Everyone has different ways of celebrating this day. Some people have a quiet affair with just a few loved ones, some throw a big party, some people make investments for the baby, some grow plants. No matter how you choose to celebrate, remember you are creating memories. There are a few things that you can do to make this a memorable day.
- Celebrate the past year. Take some time off and sit together as a couple. Go out for a meal. Have someone take care of the baby. Cherish the moments that made this year memorable. Talk about everything you did wrong and what all you learnt about parenting. Celebrate the successful year you had as parents.
- All About the Baby. Do fun things with your baby. After all, it is his/her birthday. Spend time doing things they enjoy. Play water games, hang balloons, make bubbles, bake their favourite cake, go for a drive, or whatever else makes them happy. Make this day all about them.
- Create Memories. Your baby will not remember their first birthday. So, make sure you have enough pictures of this special day. You can record a small video message or write a note, take hand prints, get customized mugs or T-shirts with their faces printed on it. These are a few things you can do to remember this special day.
- Follow the routine. Don’t forget that for the baby it is just another day. Don’t compromise on sleep. Babies need to follow their routine. Only if your baby is well rested and well fed, they will be happy. Babies cannot handle too much stimulation or excitement. To keep them calm it is important to follow their daily routine.
- Say Thank You– This day is an important day and there are many people who have made this day possible, don’t forget to thank them. Take some time to call them or send a note to appreciate what they have done for you and your baby. Make them a part of this special day.
The ‘First’ birthday is a big milestone for you and your child. It is a day to celebrate and be grateful for all the good things that happened. Although, your little baby will have no recollection of this day, but it will always be the most special birthday. Ensure you make lots of memories that you can share later as a family.