Motherhood is a magical time, but can be an exhausting one sometimes. Do you at times, remember the days when you were not a mother?
It is okay to take a break every now and then. Your children will not suffer any permanent damage and any incomplete work will be waiting for you when you come back to it. Not only is it okay, it is also important. If you keep pushing yourself when you need a break, you will land up losing the joy of being with your children. An overwhelmed you might not make a great mother that you would like to be.
Here are a few things that could help you take a guilt- free break:
- Take a nap: A quick shut eye can make you feel upbeat in no time. Tell your children that a particular time of the day is nap time for you. If they are young, it might be a wise idea to match your nap time with theirs.
- Read a book: Getting lost in a book for even half an hour a day can work wonders for your over-clogged mind. You could choose a time of the day when the children are napping in the afternoon or have settled for the night.
- Have a Girl Gang: It is essential that you have a friend network. It reminds you of your identity as a person and not just a mother. Take time to maintain these relationships through phone calls and messages. Once a while have a day out with them. Go for a lunch out, catch a movie or just talk. These are important support groups when you find yourself in a difficult phase in life.
- Do your Thing: Join a gym, yoga or swimming class. Do something that is outside the child care box. It makes you feel refreshed and worthwhile. If not anything else, it helps you meet people and make friends which otherwise you do not have time for.
- Have a Treat: It is okay to have a binging day or night once in a while. The best part is that your children can be a part of it. Order your favourite pizza and a dessert and enjoy it while watching your favourite movie on television. It is a good way to kick away the routine and just enjoy.
These may feel like little things but they might really work on a difficult day or when you need to just slow down and take things easy. It rejuvenates you and makes you ready once again to hustle through daily life.