- Cottage Cheese (Paneer) – 100 grams
- Potato – 1 medium sized, baked or boiled
- Boiled green peas – 50 grams
- Ginger – ½ teaspoon, minced
- Finely chopped green chillies – 2 to 3 (or as per taste)
- Chaat masala – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 3 to 4 teaspoons
- Salt – according to taste
- Chopped Coriander – for garnishing
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Cut the paneer and potatoes into cubes.
- Sauté the potato pieces in a non-stick frying pan, adding a little oil at a time.
- Add the cottage cheese (paneer) cubes and sauté potatoes and cottage cheese till they turn slightly brown in colour.
- Remove the cottage cheese and potatoes, and keep aside.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil in the frying pan and heat.
- Add the peas and ginger and cook again for a while.
- Add the cottage cheese, potatoes, green chillies, chaat masala, lemon juice and salt, and mix well. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander.
- For added nutrition you can add 1 cup whisked curd to the salad after transferring it to the bowl and mixing it well.
- If you have an air fryer, you can roast the ingredients in the air fryer to avoid using oil.
- Cottage cheese is a very good source of calcium, protein, potassium, and vitamin A. 100 grams of cottage cheese contains 103 kcal of energy.
- 100 grams of green peas contains 117 kcal of energy, 8 grams of protein, 7 grams of dietary fiber, 1109 IU of vitamin A, 58 mg of vitamin C, 36 mcg of vitamin K, 36.2 mg of calcium, 354 mg of potassium and 157 mg of phosphorus along with presence of other vitamins and minerals.
- 1 medium sized baked potato contains 161 calories, 4.33 grams of protein, 3.8 grams of dietary fiber, 17 IU of vitamin A, 16.6 mg of vitamin C, 48 mcg of folate, 926 mg of potassium and 121 mg of phosphorus.