Ingredients (240ml cup used)
- Apple – 1/4 cup peeled and chopped
- Carrot – 2 tbsp peeled and chopped
- Potato – 1/4 cup peeled and chopped
- Cooking oil – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Wash and peel the apple skin and cut it into small pieces.
- Boil these pieces and then blend them in a mixer grinder to make a puree
- Take a pressure cooker and heat oil.
- Add the onions, fry them until they are soft and transparent.
- Add the carrot, potatoes, apple puree and 1 cup of water mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Pour the purée into a broad non-stick pan and bring to boil, while stirring the mixture occasionally.
- Add water to get the required consistency.
- Also, add salt if desired.
- Serve lukewarm.
- Increase the quantity gradually depending on how the baby responds to a particular recipe.
- In case the baby does not like the taste of a particular food, you can try it again after a gap of a day or two.
- Use locally available variety of ingredients.
Apples are fortified with potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin A, vitamin C and dietary fiber. A medium sized apple contains 95 calories. Carrots are rich in vitamin A, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and half a cup of unsalted boiled carrots contains 0.59 grams of protein, 27 calories and 2.3 grams of fiber.