INGREDIENTS (240 ml cup used)
- Chicken breast – 1 boneless, skin removed
- Apple – ¼ cup, peeled, cored and finely sliced
- Spring onion – 1 stem, finely diced
- Mayonnaise – ¼ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Curry powder – ¼ teaspoon (optional)
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Bread – 6 slices
- Butter – 2 tablespoons, softened
- Take a deep-bottom pan and fill it ¾ with water.
- Add the chicken, cover and poach over medium heat for about 12 -15 minutes.
- Pop the chicken in to the refrigerator and cool it. Then finely chop the chicken in small dices.
- In a bowl mix all remaining ingredients excluding the bread slices and butter.
- Take the bread slices and spread butter. Trim the crust and cut the sandwich into triangles or squares this will make it easy for your baby.
- Place the chicken filling on one slice of the buttered bread. Then sandwich it with the other slice.
A medium sized apple contains 95 calories and is rich in potassium, phosphorus, vitamin A and dietary fiber.
Chicken is rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. 100 grams of de-boned and de-skinned chicken contains 165 calories, 31 g protein and 4 g of total fat.