INGREDIENTS (240 ml cup used)
- Rice – 2 tablespoon
- Water – 1 cup (may need ¼ cup more)
- Apple – 1 medium sized, pureed or grated or minced
- Sugar – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Wash the rice and soak it for at least 30 minutes. If you are using brown rice, soak for at least 2 hours. You can soak up to overnight for health benefits.
- Cook the rice with water in a pressure cooker on a medium flame for 1 whistle.
- Let the steam escape and mash the boiled rice using the back of a spoon.
- If you are using grated or minced apple, add them to the mashed rice and stir.
- Add water for the required consistency. Cover and pressure cook for another whistle. If using apple puree, add it and stir.
- Let the steam escape and mash everything well.
- Add salt and sugar to taste. You can also add a pinch of cardamom power.
- Serve warm.
1 cup of uncooked short-grain white rice contains 716 kCal of energy. Rice is a good source of carbohydrate and potassium.
A medium sized apple contains 95 calories and is rich in potassium, phosphorus, vitamin A and dietary fiber.