INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- White mushrooms – 8 large, flat ones
- Spring onions – 1 bunch, trimmed and chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove, peeled and chopped
- Thyme leaves – few (optional)
- Cheese – 250 grams, thinly sliced
- Breadcrumbs- two thick bread slices ground to crumbs
- Parsley – 1 bunch, finely chopped
- Rocket leaves – 4 handfuls, washed and dried
- Olive oil – as required
- Lemon juice- from 1 medium-sized lemon
- Salt – to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Preheat the oven to 200-degree celsius or 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Place the flat mushrooms on a large baking tray and sprinkle the onions, chopped garlic, salt, rocket (sparing few) and thyme leaves.
- Now spread the cheese evenly on the top.
- Add the breadcrumbs and parsley on the top of all the layers.
- Bake it for fifteen-twenty minutes in the preheated flame until the mushroom is cooked and the breadcrumbs are brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the excess rocket leaves with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Take out the tray and sprinkle the rocket leave mixture with lemon juice and oil over the baked mushrooms.
- Your snack is ready to be savoured.
- Mushrooms are a kind of fungi and are low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free, gluten-free and very low in sodium, yet they provide important nutrients like selenium, potassium, riboflavin, nacin, vitamin D. A medium sized mushroom contains only 4 calories, but 60 mg of potassium and many nutrients in addition to those mentioned above.