- Whole wheat or brown bread – 10 to 12 slices
- Cottage cheese – 200 grams, grated
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon, grated
- Green Chilly – 1 or 2, de-seeded and finely chopped (or black pepper powder)
- Mint leaves – 2 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Butter – 4 tablespoon
- Almond powder – 2 tablespoon
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Remove the crust of the bread slices from all sides using a knife.
- Gently flatten each bread slice using a rolling pin.
- Take a mixing bowl and toss the grated cottage cheese, almond powder, coriander and mint leaves, ginger, and salt and pepper together.
- Leaving about half an inch of space, place 1 tablespoon of the filling at one end of a bread slice and gently roll towards the other end.
- The rolling should be done gently so as to not tear the bread piece, but should be tight enough to hold the filling in place.
- Dab a little water at the edge of the slice and press the edge to the roll to seal it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree centigrade.
- Prepare all the bread rolls by repeating the steps and place them on a baking tray.
- Melt the butter and using a food brush, lightly brush the bread rolls with butter.
- Bake the rolls in preheated oven for 15 minutes or so, till they turn crispy and golden.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with mint and yoghurt dip or tomato salsa.
- Cottage cheese is a good source of calcium, protein, potassium, and vitamin A. 100 grams of cottage cheese contains 103 kcal of energy.
- Almonds are a rich source of nutrients like vitamin E, vitamin B-complex, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and copper.