INGREDIENTS (250 ml used)
- Cauliflower – ½ large or 1 medium, separated into florets
- Broccoli – ½ large or 1 medium, separated into florets
- Green peas – a handful
- Sweet corn – a handful
- Tomato – 2, sliced
- Mozzarella and cheddar cheese – 1 cup, grated (you can add more if you want to)
- Mustard powder – ½ teaspoon
- White pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chilli flakes – 1 tablespoon
- Mixed herbs – 1 teaspoon
- Whole wheat flour – 4-6 tablespoons
- Butter – 6 tablespoons
- Milk – 2 cups
- Salt – to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Blanch both the florets in salted water for 2-3 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter and roast the flour without letting the colour change and then gradually add the milk, stirring continuously. Add the mustard powder, mixed herbs, pepper powder and chili flakes. Season with salt and let the sauce thicken.
- Mix the florets into the sauce and also add the peas and corn.
- Transfer the contents into a baking dish and layer the top with tomato slices.
- Spread the cheese on the top.
- Bake it at 220 degrees C for 10-15 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
- Cheese is an extremely rich source of calcium. One cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (112 gm) contains 336 calories, 757 IU of vitamin A, 566mg of calcium, 396 mg of phosphorus and 24.8 g of protein.
- Vegetables are a rich source of vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber.