INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Mashed banana – ¼ cup
- Finely chopped walnuts – ½ cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Wheat bran – 2 tablespoon
- Castor sugar – 4 tablespoon
- Vanilla essence – ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
- Melted butter – 1 tablespoon
- Butter to cook – 3 tablespoon
- Add all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add ½ cup of water and mix well, so that there are no lumps.
- Heat a non-stick tawa and pour the batter in thick circular way.
- Add ½ teaspoon butter on the edges and cook each pancake on a medium flame till both the sides turn golden-brown.
- Serve with banana slices and honey.
Bananas are a good source of potassium and magnesium. A medium sized banana contains 105 calories of energy.
Walnuts are rich in protein, dietary fiber, vitamin B6, folate, thiamin, manganese, copper and magnesium. Walnuts help in improving bone health and metabolism, have anti-inflammatory properties and helps in improving mental health.
Wheat bran helps in aiding digestion and preventing constipation.