INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Baked/boiled red kidney beans – 1 bowl
- Steamed sweet corn – 1 bowl
- Red capsicum, diced – 1 piece
- Diced onions – 1 ½ piece
- Olive oil – 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Vinegar – 1 to 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper- 1 teaspoon
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Take kidney beans, sweet corn and diced red capsicum in a bowl.
- Add diced onion, salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar and mix well.
- You can add some paprika flakes or oregano as seasoning and your salad is ready to be savoured.
- You can also add some mayonnaise or ready-made salad dressing to your salad if you like.
- 100 grams of cooked kidney beans contains 127 calories, 8.7 grams of protein and 22.8 grams of carbohydrates. Kidney beans are rich in healthy fibres which promote colon health. They are a good source of folate, iron, copper, manganese, potassium, vitamin K1 and phosphorus.
- 100 grams of sweet corn kernels contain about 86 calories and are mainly composed of simpler carbohydrates like glucose and sucrose. It has high levels of beta-carotenes and vitamin A. It is also a good source of flavonoid antioxidant, ferulic acid.
- Olive oil contains large amounts of plant-derived antioxidants, phytosterols and vitamins. It is one of the healthiest edible oils.