This is a very healthy breakfast recipe and it hardly takes thirty minutes to make. Beetroots are very rich in iron content and provide many other essential nutrients.
INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Peeled, grated and boiled beetroot – ¼ cup
- Sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Whole wheat flour – ½ cup
- Ghee – 2 teaspoon
- Chilly powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Combine and mix all ingredients in a big bowl and knead it into dough using little water.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out 4 inch diameter circular chapatis or rotis.
- Heat a flat pan and cook each roti separately.
- Drizzle little amount of ghee or oil around each roti and cook both sides well.
- You can have it with any vegetable or non-vegetarian curry of your choice.
- Beetroots are a unique source of phytonutrients called betalains. Betanin and vulgaxanthin are the two betalains found in beets, and these phytonutrients provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support. The concentration of betalains in the peel and flesh of beets make them nutritious and healthy. Beets also contain calcium, folate, manganese, potassium, copper, fiber, magnesium, vitamin C and iron.
- Sesame seeds are nutty in taste and add a delicate crunch to any dish. Sesame seeds are a good source of copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc and selenium. Sesame seeds are known to have cholesterol lowering effect, in addition to preventing high blood pressure and increases Vitamin E supplement. Sesamin, an active ingredient of sesame seeds has been found to protect the liver from oxidative damage.