Picture Courtesy: http://www.imfoodie.net
The following recipe is perfect for fussy eaters, as it is colourful and has a lot of textures that your child will enjoy.
INGREDIENTS (240 ml cup used)
- Macaroni – 3 cups, boiled and drained (should remain firm to the bite)
- Red bell pepper – 1 cup, chopped
- Red chili – 2 whole
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
- Tomato – 1/2 cup, chopped
- Almonds – 6, skinned, roasted and ground as powder
- Sweet chili sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Mayonnaise – 2 teaspoon
- Peppercorns – 5
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as needed
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Butter – 2 teaspoon
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- Blend the tomatoes, red chili, peppercorns, and salt.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add almond powder and boiled macaroni to the sauce and mix the ingredients well.
To prepare the capsicum:
- Heat some butter in a non-stick pan, add chopped garlic, capsicum pieces, salt and stir well.
- Sauté this mixture for 3 minutes on medium flame. Now add the mayonnaise and mix well for a minute.
- You can add other seasonal vegetables like carrot, beans, green peas, sweet corn kernels, for added nutrition and taste.
- Add the macaroni steeped in the sauce to the capsicum mixture and stir well for 2 minutes. Serve it hot.
- You can add some grated cheese as topping too.
- Macaroni is a type of pasta, shaped like small tubes and made of durum wheat. 100 g of uncooked pasta has 288 calories, 47 IU of vitamin A, 176 mcg of folate, 15 mg of calcium, 46 mg of magnesium, and 163 mg of phosphorus.
- Peppers are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, and potassium. One small uncooked pepper contains 15 calories, 1.3 grams dietary fiber, 0.64 grams of protein, 274 IU of vitamin A, 59.5 mg of vitamin C, 7 mcg of folate, and 130 mg of potassium.