For the crepe
- Eggs – 2, large
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Butter – 3 tablespoon, melted
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
For caramelised bananas
- Butter – 3 tablespoon
- Bananas – 3, large (must be ripe, but firm)
- Sugar – 3 tablespoon
- Heavy cream or full fat milk – 4 tablespoon
- Chocolate chips – 2-3 tablespoon
- Powdered sugar – a few teaspoons, for dusting
How to make Crepes:
- Add all the above crepe ingredients to make the batter.You can whisk the ingredients or blend it in a blender to make a smooth batter mix. Keep the batter aside in the fridge for at least half an hour before you begin making the crepes.
- Heat a non-stick tava or skillet. Grease the surface with a little-melted butter or oil.
- Add ¼ cup batter in the center of the pan and swirl the pan so that the batter evenly covers the bottom. Cook the crepe till you see bubbles appearing on the surface. Flip the crepe as soon as you see the edges turning a light golden brown. Cook the other side for a few seconds and remove onto a plate.
How to make caramelised bananas:
- Peel the banana skin and cut it in circular slices.
- Take some sugar on a small plate and coat the banana slices in it. You can also use fine powdered sugar.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add butter.
- Add the bananas and cook for a couple of minutes, till they begin to caramelise.
- Flip the slices over once and caramelise the other side as well. Remove onto a plate and keep aside.
- To make the melted chocolate drizzle, heat the cream/milk in a small saucepan.
- Add the chocolate chips and whisk well to melt them. Remove from heat and keep whisking until smooth.
- You can also use the readymade chocolate syrup to pour over the crepes. You can also use fruit sauce instead of chocolate syrup
- Place a few caramelised banana slices at the centre of each crepe and roll it.
- Pour the chocolate syrup or fruit sauce generously over the rolled crepes and dust lightly with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm
- Bananas are a good source of potassium and magnesium. A medium sized banana contains 105 calories of energy.