INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Carrots- 3 small
- Beetroot- 1 small
- Ginger- ¼ inch piece
- Water- ¼ cup
- Ice cubes – few( as per your choice)
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Wash the carrots and beetroots well and peel them. Dice them into small pieces.
- Put the diced carrots and beetroots into a blender and add sugar, ginger slices, ice cubes (if you want) with a little water and blend the ingredients until it acquires a juicy texture.
- Add some more water to make it smooth.
- Now strain it in a glass with a strainer. Press the residue with a big spoon to get maximum extract.
- Add the lemon juice and stir well with a spoon and your chilled carrot and beetroot juice is ready.
- Beetroots are a unique source of phytonutrients called betalains. Betanin and vulgaxanthin are the two betalains found in beets, and these phytonutrients provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support. The concentration of betalains in the peel and flesh of beets make them nutritious and healthy. Beets also contain calcium, folate, manganese, potassium, copper, fiber, magnesium, vitamin C and iron.
- Carrots are a rich source of Vitamin A, beta-carotene and hence very good for eyes. It is also high in anti-oxidants and boosts the immunity.