INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Sunflower oil – 1 tablespoon
- Onion – 1, finely sliced
- Carrots – 450 grams, finely sliced
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable or chicken stock – 4 cups
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 large bunch, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Freshly ground pepper – 1 teaspoon
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and carrots. Sauté them for three to four minutes.
- Add the ground coriander, salt, pepper and sauté for one minute.
- Now add the vegetable or chicken stock and cook on medium flame by covering it till the vegetables become tender.
- Once it is cooked, allow it to cool down and then transfer the mixture to a blender and blend it till it reaches a smooth soupy texture.
- Add the fresh coriander leaves and re-heat the soup. You can make the soup thick or thin as per your choice.
- Add a dollop of butter or fresh cream as garnish and added nutrition.
- Have it with plain toasted bread or garlic bread.
Half a cup of unsalted boiled carrots contains 0.59 grams of protein, 27 calories, 2.3 grams of fiber, 183 mg of potassium, 23 mg calcium, 23 mg of phosphorus, 8 mg of magnesium, 13286 IU of vitamin A, 2.8 mg of vitamin C, 10.7 mcg vitamin K and 11 mcg of folate. Traces of some other vitamins and minerals are also present.
Coriander is a good source of iron, manganese, magnesium and dietary fiber. They are also rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, protein and contain traces of calcium, phosphorus, potassium, thiamin, niacin and carotene.