Picture Courtesy: http://zaiqatv.com.pk
INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Whole wheat or brown bread – 8 slices
To marinate chicken:
- Chicken (skinless) – 250 grams, minced coarsely
- Black pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
For garlic butter:
- Garlic – 5 cloves, crushed
- Butter – 3 tablespoon
- Bell pepper – ½ cup, finely chopped
- Roasted sesame seeds – 2 tablespoon
- Cheese – ½ cup, grated (processed, mozzarella or cheddar)
- Lemon juice – ½ tablespoon
- Dried herbs mix (thyme, oregano, rosemary) – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- Marinate the chicken with ingredients listed above for 30 minutes.
- In a non-stick pan cook the chicken on low heat till chicken turns tender.
- Once the chicken has cooled down, in a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat butter in a small pan, add pounded garlic cloves to it and let it cook for a minute. Remove from heat and keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180-degree centigrade.
- Cut the bread slices into two equal triangles and spread chicken topping generously on each slice.
- Grate extra cheese on top of each slice.
- Place the bread triangles on a baking tray and pour garlic butter on top.
- Grill the bread triangles for 10 minutes till they turn crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve with cheesy dip or tomato ketchup.
- Chicken is rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. 100 grams of de-boned and de-skinned chicken contains 165 calories, 31 g protein, and 4 g of total fat.
- Cheese is an extremely rich source of calcium and helps in the development of your baby’s bones and teeth. One cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (112 g) contains 336 calories, 757 IU of vitamin A, 566mg of calcium, 396 mg of phosphorus, and 24.8 g of protein.