Chicken shorba is a delicious Mughlai soup and is very filling. It can be served to your baby as a snack or as a part of a major meal time, and enjoyed by the rest of the family too.
INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Chicken – 500 grams (boneless chicken cut into ½ inch cubes of 100 grams)
- Chopped garlic – 10 cloves
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ tea spoon
- Refined flour – 1 ½ tablespoons
- White pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- First of all, clean and wash the chicken. Put the pieces in a bowl, add four and a quarter cups of water, garlic, and cook in low flame till the water reduces to two cups. Strain the mixture and leave it aside.
- Now, heat half of the butter in a pan, and stir fry the chicken till it is tenderly cooked.
- Add the remaining butter in a wok and once the butter melts, add the cumin seeds. When the colour changes, add the refined flour and stir continuously.
- Add the chicken stock, fried chicken, white pepper powder and salt.
- Simmer the mixture for three- four minutes and serve hot.
- You can also add half a cup of fresh cream to enhance the flavour.
Chicken is rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. 100 grams of de-boned and de-skinned chicken contains 165 calories, 31 g protein and 4 g of total fat.