Pregnancy is a crucial time for you. You have to stay healthy and therefore, you have to eat food with good nutrition value. Remember, the food that you eat is also the source of nutrition for the baby inside you. What you eat is what your baby gets. Chicken is low in fat and is a good source of lean protein and iron. It also helps to control blood pressure and is a rich source of Vitamins B and D. Chicken, being light in nature, doesn’t let you feel heavy after a meal.
INGREDIENTS (using 250 ml cup)
- Boiled and shredded chicken breast – 150 grams
- Finely chopped green capsicum – 1
- Finely chopped onion – ½
- Mayonnaise – as required
- Bread slices (white or brown) – 4
- Butter – as required
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Preheat a sandwich maker or the toaster.
- Take the shredded chicken pieces and put it in a bowl.
- Add onion, pepper, salt, capsicum and 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise to the chicken. You can add as much mayonnaise as you desire.
- Spread butter on the bread slices. Take one buttered bread slice as the base and put chicken mix on it. Cover it with another buttered slice. Cut the sandwich diagonally to form triangles. You can use toothpicks to pierce the sandwiches through and through so that the sandwiches hold together.
- Put the sandwiches inside the preheated sandwich maker or toaster. Be careful to avoid any injury. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
- This sandwich also tastes good with French Fries.
- 100 grams of de-boned and de-skinned chicken contains 165 calories, 31 g protein and 4 g of total fat. It contains phorphorous, Vitamin B as well as Vitamin D.
- Butter is beneficial for your body as it improves the immunity system, helps in the regulation of hormones, helps protect your vision, boosts metabolism and increases brain function. It contains healthy saturated and monounsaturated fats, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E and vitamin K. It also contains traces of minerals such as manganese, chromium, zinc, copper and the powerful antioxidant, selenium.