Feeding your baby what the rest of the family is eating is often a tough challenge. Your little one has been eating tenderer, plainer versions of food for a while now but it’s time to take that leap. Time to let your junior explore the world of various tastes!
Your kid can try almost all types of food right now, so this is a perfect age to offer dishes and foods that are not plain and has some Indian masala to it. Here is a simple recipe using rice and chickpeas for your toddler which needs only 25mins to prepare.
- 1 tbsp. chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. rice
- 1 tbsp. fenugreek leaves
- T tsp. ghee
- Little pinch of turmeric
- Little pinch of pepper powder
- Salt to taste
Method for Preparation:
- For 12 hours soak the chickpeas wherein water must be replaced every 4-6 hours to prevent bloating.
- Wash rice and soak it in water for almost half an hour.
- Rinse the fenugreek leaves and chop it finely just before cooking.
- In a bowl add rice, chickpeas, fenugreek leaves and salt with a cup of water.
- Pressure cook it for 4-5 whistles or cook until the rice and chickpeas are soft to touch.
- Once it cools down. Smash the food properly as your little one might not be able to chew properly.
- Add turmeric and pepper powder and pour 1tsp. of hot ghee and mix well.
- If you want then you can put some tadka but remember to not over do it. Regular tadka can also be too much for your junior at times.
- As warm foods digest better, Serve Warm!