Picture Courtesy: http://www.oetker.in/
- Capsicum or Bell pepper – 1, julienned
- Cabbage – ½ of medium sized, shredded
- Carrot – 1 medium sized, grated
- Mayonnaise – 4 tablespoon (eggless or with eggs, depending on preference)
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – to taste
- Cheese slice – 2 slices
- White or brown bread – 4 slices
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- Take a mixing bowl and whisk the mayonnaise. It is up to you to choose what variety of mayonnaise you would want to use as there are a number of varieties available in the market.
- Add the capsicum or bell pepper juliennes, shredded cabbage, and grated carrot. Add some salt and pepper for seasoning. Mayonnaise has salt in it, so taste the mixture before adding the salt.
- Take the bread slices and cut off the edges. Place a cheese slice on one bread slice and spread some coleslaw on top of the cheese slice. Press down with another bread slice and cut into two equal triangles.
- Repeat the same steps for the remaining bread slices. You can grill the sandwiches for a minute or two in the sandwich maker.
- Vegetables are a great source of vitamins and minerals. Vegetables that are green, yellow or orange in colour are rich sources of beta-carotene, calcium, vitamin B-complex, vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin K.
- Cheese is an extremely rich source of calcium and helps in the development of your baby’s bones and teeth. One tablespoon of mayonnaise (with egg) contains 103 calories.