INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Olive oil or sunflower oil – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped sweet onion – 1 ¾ cups
- Chopped carrots – 900 grams
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 2 cups
- Chicken broth or vegetable broth – 2 cups
- Heavy cream – 2 tablespoons
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. Add the chopped onions and chopped carrots, and sauté for ten minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper. and ginger paste. Mix well and stir continuously.
- Then add two cups of water and the chicken broth or vegetable broth. Cover the pan with a lid and let the contents simmer on low flame for about 20 – 25 minutes, until the carrots become tender.
- Remove from heat, allow it to cool and put it in a blender. Blend it to a smooth consistency with two tablespoons of cream.
- You can heat it again with salt and pepper after removing it from a blender.
- Serve with croutons or toasted garlic bread.
- Carrots are a rich source of Vitamin A, beta-carotene and hence very good for eyes. It is also high in antioxidants and boosts the immunity.