INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Soya sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup – 1 teaspoon
- Chilly flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped garlic – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – to fry
- Sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Corn starch – 1 teaspoon
- All purpose flour – 1 tablespoon
- Baby corn – 250 grams
- Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – ½ teaspoon
- Chopped spring onions – 1 tablespoon
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Take a bowl and add all purpose flour, corn starch, ginger garlic paste, salt, and water; mix well to form a thick batter.
- In this batter add baby corn, sesame seeds and mix well so that the baby corns get well coated in the batter. Fry the baby corns lightly and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, soya sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and then add the fried baby corns.
- Toss the baby corns in sauce on a medium flame for two minutes, turn the flame off and add the spring onions.
- Serve hot as a snack.
Baby corns comprise of simple carbohydrates like glucose and sucrose. It has high levels of beta-carotenes and vitamin A. It is also a good source of flavonoid antioxidant, ferulic acid.