This cool and tangy recipe is an ideal snack option for your child. It is light, easy to digest and refreshing too.
INGREDIENTS (240 ml cup used)
- Poha (beaten or flattened rice) – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 tablespoon
- Curd – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- Cucumber – 2 tablespoon finely chopped
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Freshly grated coconut – ½ cup
- Green chilly – 1, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Ghee – ½ tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- First clean and wash the poha in a sieve and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat some ghee, add cumin seeds to the ghee. Once it starts crackling, add ginger and green chillies (optional). Fry for a few minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Take a bowl and add curd. Whisk the curd well and then add the milk gradually, so that the texture becomes smooth.
- Add the poha, grated coconut, salt and the tadka to the whisked curd. Mix well. Add chopped cucumber and mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
The full fat curd is rich in calcium and vitamin D, essential for the development of your baby’s bones and teeth. It has good bacteria that soothes the stomach and keeps the digestive system healthy. Curd is particularly beneficial when children suffer from diarrhoea or irritable bowel movements. Curd is rich in riboflavin, vitamin B5 and B12 that promote the health of red blood cells and nervous system.