Shopping with your toddler can be challenging. It’s not possible to leave your kid at home all the time. Kids get excited when they go for shopping. They have plenty of things to explore and play with a lot of space to move around. They might even cry and behave cranky, pull out things, climb shopping carts and even get lost while running around. Most of these have either ended up in accidents or giving a tough time for parents. Here are few tips on how to keep your little one safe while you move around shopping.
Do’s of shopping with your toddler
- Do keep your child with you all time.
- Consider wearing a sling or baby carrier to carry your baby.
- Accompany and supervise your toddler to public restrooms.
- If you are placing your kid in a shopping cart, make sure you wipe it with sanitizer to prevent infections.
- Make sure your child is seated properly in shopping carts.
- Kids makes friends with strangers easily. Make sure your kid is always under your supervision at all times.
- Make arrangements for taking care of your kid while shopping if you feel you cannot handle it all by yourself. You can ask your family member or babysitter to accompany you.
- Keep your kid occupied with toys like dolls, cars etc. so that they play and remain engaged.
- Try making it a fun experience for your child by involving him/her in shopping for items.
Don’ts of shopping with your toddler
- Do not let them roam about freely to explore the shop by themselves.
- Do not let your kid stand on shopping cart as its risky and they might fall down.
- Do not let your kid ride or push shopping carts as those wheels are not safe.
- Make sure your kid does not lean on glass. Leaning on glass can be tragic.
- Do not leave your kid under the supervision of the store keeper in the toy area while you shop on other side.
- Do not ask a stranger to look after your kid, even if that person seems friendly.
- Stop shopping if you feel distracted and not able to manage your kid.
- Keep your kid away from poultry or meats as they can cause infections.
- Keep your kid away from open freezers.
Make sure to keep your child in front of your eyes at all times. Follow these do’s and don’ts and you should be able to get your shopping done.