If you are suffering from pregnancy related constipation, this power-packed drink could provide some relief. A combination of dry fruits gives you fibre, vitamins and minerals. What’s more, this is a tasty treat.
INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Chilled milk – 3 cups
- Honey or Sugar – 2 heaped tablespoons
- Cashew nuts – 8 pieces
- Almonds – 6 pieces (you can keep one or two aside for garnishing)
- Dates – 3 pieces (seedless or de-seeded)
- Dried figs – 2 pieces
- Raisins – 10 pieces
- Pistachios – 8 pieces (you can keep one or two aside for garnishing)
- Walnut – 1 (optional)
- Cardamom powder – ½ teaspoon
- Or Vanilla extract – 2 drops
- Chop the figs and seedless dates and soak them in ¼ cup milk for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Soak the almonds and raisins in a little lukewarm water.
- Blend the soaked figs, dates, almonds, raisins along with pistachios to a smooth paste.
- Add milk, honey or sugar, cardamom powder or vanilla extract, and blend them all to make a smooth mixture.
- This tastes good when chilled. You can either add some ice or just leave it in the fridge for a while.
Adding ice to the drink might dilute it and interfere with the taste. Refrigerating it is a better option.
Dates are high in fibre, anti-oxidants and promote cardiovascular health. Almonds are one of the best nuts for your baby as they are extremely nutritious. They contain vitamin E, vitamin B-complex, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, copper and other beneficial compounds. Cashews are a rich source of zinc, selenium, vitamin B-complex and copper. Raisins prevent tooth decay, tackle oral problems that pregnant women are vulnerable to and promote healthy bones.