- During your pregnancy, you will often feel sick and encounter nausea and morning sickness. You will probably want to stay in bed during these times. But if you keep yourself active, the overwhelming surges of nausea will subside and you will feel better. Take a walk for 10 to 15 minutes at regular intervals, do a little yoga. These will make you feel more energised. Exercise will tone your muscles and provide you with enough strength and endurance to manage the extra weight that you will be carrying.
- Once you outgrow your regular clothes, indulge in buying maternity clothes. It is important to wear clothes that are comfortable while feeling pretty. There are plenty of cute and beautiful maternity clothes available in the market and on online portals. You can buy them easily without having any guilt. Remember, you deserve to stay beautiful during your pregnancy and pamper yourself.
- You have to take care of your skin as it may get dry or you may develop rashes. You will also notice the onset of stretch marks on your abdomen, breasts and hips. If your skin problems are worrying you, consult your gynaecologist or a dermatologist and ask for safe treatments during pregnancy.
- Light make-ups can be a great tool to make you feel pretty. It is a wonderful way to regain the feel-good factor especially during those blue phases when you might feel that you are losing control of your body. There is absolutely no harm in experimenting with different shades of lipstick or eye shadow or nail polish that are known to be safe during pregnancy. You can sport any look you want as long as the cosmetics are not harmful for your health.
- While you are pregnant it is important to feel pampered and spend some significant time with your partner. You can go on a date and enjoy each other’s company before the baby comes. Having your partner’s undivided attention will make you feel special and beautiful.
A good way to enjoy your pregnancy is by getting a good maternity photo shoot done. By six- to seven- months you will have a cute baby bump to flaunt. Go for a photo shoot at that time. Get the photos and edit them. You will treasure those photos and realise how beautiful it is to be pregnant.