This is recipe contains the goodness of chocolate and freshness of fruits. Most kids love both the key ingredients used in making this pudding. You can serve it like a snack in the evening or afternoon after lunch.
INGREDIENTS (240 ml cup used)
- Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoon
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Cornflour – ½ tablespoon
- Milk – 1 cup
- Strawberries – 5 or 6, halved
- Apple – 1, peeled and cut into thin fingers
- Pear – 1, peeled and cut into thin fingers
- Mango – 1, peeled and cut into thin fingers
- Wash and prepare all the fruit fingers before making the pudding. Cut all the fruits and pop them into the fridge. You can use any seasonal fruit.
- Take a mixing bowl and add cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch, ¼ cup of milk, whisk all the ingredients and mix it well. Keep it aside.
- In a non-stick pan add remaining ¾ cup of milk and bring it to a boil, add the prepared cocoa powder mixture to this slowly and cook on a low flame, while stirring gently for about 5-7 minutes, till the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool.
- Serve warm or chilled, with fruits.
- You can also add chocolate chips as garnish.
- Strawberries are an excellent source of antioxidant-promoting vitamin C and manganese. They are also rich in fiber, iodine, and folate. Strawberries are a good source of copper, potassium, biotin, phosphorus, magnesium and vitamin B6.
- Apple is rich in potassium, phosphorus, vitamin A and dietary fiber.
- Pear is a good source of potassium, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin A and folate.
- Mango is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and phosphorus.