INGREDIENTS (using 250 ml cup)
- Banana – 1 piece
- Apple – ½ piece
- Sapodilla – 1 piece
- Pomegranate seeds – 1/3 cup
- Green grapes (seedless) – 1/3 cup
- Watermelon – ½ piece after taking out the seeds (if available)
- Milk – 3 cups
- Custard powder – 2 ½ teaspoon
- Saffron – 1 – 2 strands (dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold milk)
- Sugar – 3 tablespoons
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Take ½ cup of milk, dissolved saffron, and custard powder together in a bowl and whisk to form a smooth mixture, avoiding the formation of lumps.
- Heat 2 ½ cups of milk in a pan, add the custard mixture and sugar. Stir well on low flame.
- Cut all the fruits in small pieces, except the grapes. Make sure all the seeds have been taken out.
- Cook the custard until it becomes thick and smooth. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Turn off heat, and let the custard cool for a while.
- Transfer the custard to a bowl, and refrigerate for one or two hours.
- Now mix all the chopped and diced fruits in a big bowl and pour the refrigerated custard on it.
- Slowly fold all the ingredients, evenly. Your chilled and tasty fruit custard is ready.
- You can add some whipped fresh cream or ice cream to the fruit custard.
- A medium sized banana contains 105 calories of energy, 3.1 grams of dietary fiber, 1.29 grams of protein, 422 mg of potassium, 32 mg of magnesium, 10.3 mg of vitamin C and 24 mcg of folate.
- A medium sized apple contains 95 calories, 0.47 grams of protein, 4.4 grams of dietary fiber, 195 mg of potassium, 20 mg of phosphorus, 98 IU vitamin A, 4 mcg of vitamin K, 8.4 mg of vitamin C and 5 mcg of folate.
- Watermelon is a high-density fruit. 2 cups of watermelon contains 86 calories, 1627 IU of vitamin A, 320 mg of potassium, 20 mg of calcium, and 1.1 mcg of the antioxidant selenium.
- 1 sapodilla weighing about 170 grams contains 748 mg of protein, 141 calories, 9 g dietary fiber, 102 IU of vitamin A, 25 mg of vitamin C, 340 mcg of niacin, 63 mcg of vitamin B6, 24 mcg of folate and 428 mcg of pantothenic acid.
- One fresh pomegranate contains 234 calories, 11.3 grams of dietary fiber, 0.85 mg of iron, 28 mg of calcium, 28.8 mg of vitamin C, 46.2 mcg of vitamin K and 107 mcg of folate.