Setting the meal time menu is an art and the mother who succeeds in surprising her baby by serving new dishes using common ingredients will have to deal with less fussiness during lunch and dinner. Instead of serving the same curry prepared with potato and green peas, you can prepare a green pea stuffing and surprise your baby with a green pea paratha.
INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Whole wheat flour – ½ cup
- Boiled green peas – ½ cup
- Low fat curd – 1 tablespoon
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Make a smooth paste of the green peas in a grinder.
- Combine the green peas paste and the rest of the ingredients and knead soft dough out of it, using enough water.
- Divide the dough in equal portions.
- Roll out each portion and make thick paranthas, using dry flour for dusting.
- Cook each parantha on a non-stick pan, drizzling oil around the sides, until both the sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot with raita, pickles or mixed vegetable curry.
100 grams of green peas contains 117 kcal of energy, 8 grams of protein, 7 grams of dietary fiber, 1109 IU of vitamin A, 58 mg of vitamin C, 36 mcg of vitamin K, 36.2 mg of calcium, 354 mg of potassium and 157 mg of phosphorus along with presence of other vitamins and minerals.