- German measles immunity (600 INR)
- HIV (500 INR approximately)
- Hepatitis B immunity profile (1900 INR)
- Herpes, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), like Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Syphilis Profile (2300 INR)
- Thyroid test (TSH test) (500 INR)
Some doctors also recommend genetic tests such as:
- Thalassaemia, an inherited form of Anaemia profile (1800 INR)
- Sickle Cell Anaemia profile (1500 INR approximately)
Some essential tests during pregnancy are as follows:
- Ultrasound foetus nuchal translucency (NT) : It examines the Foetal neck for increased fluid or thickening
- Plasma Protein Screening (PAPP- A): Abnormal levels of it shows increased risk of chromosomal dysfunctioning
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
- Alpha-fetoprotein screening (AFP): It tests the various chromosomal abnormalities, Down’s syndrome, Twins absorbing protein, miscalculated due date.
- Complete and thorough blood test (all kinds), including Haemoglobin test. It is also known as CBC test (Complete Blood Count test) (300 INR approximately)
- Checking the Rhesus factor is also important. This is because a rhesus positive baby will have antibodies attacking her red blood cells. A rhesus test for both parents is necessary. If a mother is rhesus negative and the father is rhesus positive, there is a chance of the baby being a rhesus positive.
- Cytomegalovirus: An infection caused by virus that can be passed on to the foetus through the mother’s blood.
- Toxoplasmosis: This infection is caused by cat poo, undercooked meat and can damage the developing baby leading to miscarriage and preterm labour.
- Gestational diabetes: It is important because diabetes seriously affects the developing baby who might be diagnosed with diabetes after birth.
- A urine screening also needs to be done for checking any kind of infections in the body.
- An ultrasound scan: An ultrasound scan is a process in which sound waves are sent through the womb and they are bounced back as images. It is absolutely safe and necessary to be able to find the defects that cannot be found in tests. It also shows the movement of the baby.