Methi – palak dhokla is another healthy evening snack and is easy to make as it requires simple ingredients.
INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves – ¾ cup
- Finely chopped spinach (palak) leaves- ¾ cup
- Cow pea (chawli) – 1 cup
- Ginger – green chilli paste- 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 2 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Fruit salt- 1 tablespoon
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Wash, clean and soak the cow pea in enough water overnight.
- Drain well and add ¾ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl and add the spinach, fenugreek, ginger green chilli paste, oil, salt and mix well to a smooth mixture.
- Before steaming add the fruit salt and a little bit of water. Mix gently as bubbles form.
- Divide into three equal parts and pour the batter on a greased flat plate.
- Steam it in a steamer for eight to ten minutes, till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Take the plates out of the steamer and let it cool for a while and then cut it into square pieces.
- Serve the dhoklas with green chutney.
Spinach is one of the most nutritious vegetables. It is not only rich in vitamins and minerals but also in phytonutrients, which act as powerful antioxidants to protect cellular structures and DNA. 100 grams of fenugreek leaves contains 49 calories of energy, 1 gram of dietary fiber, 395 mg of calcium and 51 mg of phosphorous.