Methi Theplas very common in Gujarat and tastes amazing with any kind of pickle. You can prepare and store thepla for 2 to 3 days in a dry container to combat those sudden hunger pangs. You can also prepare thepla and carry them with you during long distance journeys.
INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
- Oil – 1 tablespoon for kneading
- Curd – ½ to ¾ cup
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 cup, washed and finely chopped
- Garlic – 4 cloves, crushed
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Carom seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Whole wheat flour – for rolling
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Combine all ingredients and knead it into a dough. If required, knead the dough using some oil. Keep aside for ten minutes.
- Divide the dough into fourteen equal balls and roll each piece into thin circles using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick pan and dry roast the pieces and then shallow fry them in a little oil, till both sides turn golden brown.
- Serve it with potato curry, chutney or pickle.
Each thepla provides 127 kcal of energy, 2.96 grams of fiber and 4.27 grams of protein. Fenugreek is rich in vitamins and minerals, particularly folate.