Using the idli batter and vegetables you can prepare a tasty breakfast dish that your baby and the rest of the family are sure to enjoy. Rice being the primary ingredient, this is an easy to digest dish; is healthy, tasty and contains essential nutrients required by your growing infant.
INGREDIENTS (240 ml cup used)
- Idli batter- 3 cups
- Tomato- 1, medium sized, chopped
- Green peas (shelled) – ¼ cup
- Capsicum- ¼ cup, grated
- Minced green chillies – 2 pieces (optional)
- Finely chopped ginger- 1 teaspoon
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped green coriander- 2 tablespoon
- Refined cooking oil – 2 tablespoon
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Take a big bowl, pour the idli batter and whisk it well once.
- Mix the finely chopped tomatoes, minced green chillies, green peas, grated capsicum, chopped ginger, and salt in the batter and mix well.
- Take a non-stick appam maker and gently pour oil in each mould, greasing the moulds well.
- Take a spoonful of the batter and pour it carefully in each mould.
- Once you have placed batter in all the moulds, cover and cook for two to minutes on low flame.
- When the upper side rises and turns golden brown, flip to the other side. Cover and cook till it turns golden brown on the other side as well.
- Use a spoon to pick up the cooked balls from the mould and serve them warm to your baby with green chutney, ketchup or any sauce of his or her choice.
Vegetables are rich sources of calcium, vitamin B-complex, vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin K.