Prickly heat or ‘heat rash’ is a condition familiar to most parents who typically agonize over it as soon as summer sets in. Up to 40% of infants suffer from prickly heat.
Symptoms of prickly heat are:
- Tiny skin eruptions
- Intense prickling sensation
Wondering how to heal prickly heat rash in babies in a safe and natural way this season? Here are a few helpful tips you can follow:
The best way to treat prickly heat is by keeping baby’s skin cool and dry and follow the tips below:.
- Dress your baby appropriately in loose-fitting, lightweight cotton clothing. This keeps baby comfortable in the hot and humid weather.
- Bathe your baby in lukewarm water, and gently cleanse the skin using a mild soap.
- Herbs like Khus Grass and Neem are beneficial for healing prickly heat. Use a herbal prickly heat baby powder that provides cooling relief from prickly heat and keeps baby’s skin dry.
- Trim your baby’s fingernails to prevent him/her from scratching the itchy rash, which may lead to infections.
- Consult a doctor if the condition worsens.