The greatest worry of all moms is that, are they feeding their kids with right food? Isn’t it?
Your baby is growing every day! Once you introduce solid food you need to slowly introduce grains and lentils after their 12th Month. They constantly need proteins and carbohydrates in their early years for growth and strength. Here is a great Indian recipe for your growing kid that will make them grow stronger.
This recipe also helps babies with constipation.
- Rice – 3 tbsp.
- Yellow Moong Dal – 3 tbsp.
- Garlic – 2 fat cloves
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
Method of Preparation:
- Take rice and dal in a bowl and wash thoroughly. Now drain it and add into a pressure cooker.
- Add garlic, cumin seeds, asafoetida, salt and turmeric powder.
- Add some water and cover the cooker.
- Cook this for 5 whistles and simmer it for 5 mins. Switch off the flame and let the steam escape all by itself.
- Open the cooker and mash the rice with a potato masher or if you want it to be smoother blend into a blender and puree them.
- Pour this into a bowl. Drizzle some homemade ghee and mix well.
- Feed your baby warm.