Now that the baby is soon on its way out, you should enjoy some personal time with your spouse before the little one takes up all your attention. There are many ways you can plan fun dates with your spouse even in your third trimester.
Here are some interesting ideas.
- Movie Night: A movie night is probably the most obvious, but it definitely tops the list. You can book in advance for a fun and entertaining movie that you will both enjoy, or opt for renting one that you can watch at home together. The advantage of watching at home is the comfort of being in your own space or cuddling together.
- Dinner Date: Getting dressed to go out should cheer you up, especially if you are tired of lounging in yoga pants. Plan a dinner night at one of your favourite restaurants, and enjoy a good romantic evening with your partner. If you wish, you can plan a romantic dinner at home. Set up the dinner table with flowers and candlelight, and order your favourite food home.
- Dessert Date: If you do not wish to go for dinner, even a dessert date will be fun. You could always get dressed up and go out to just have an amazing dessert together. This will give you time to bond sweetly before bedtime.
- Picnic: Pick a good location near your house and plan a picnic. A park or garden will also do. You could spend a couple of hours walking about and then relax by eating simple snacks, reading or just talking to each other. If you do not want to go too far, you could plan a simple one in your home garden too.
- Couple Massages: You can have pregnancy-safe massages even in the third trimester. A good foot massage and neck massage will help relieve any stress or anxiety. So, book a couples massage at a spa that offers pregnancy-safe massages, so you both can relax and have a good date together.
- Live Shows: If you enjoy sporting events, plays, comedy shows, or any musical concerts, book for one and enjoy going out to watch shows together. To be safe, go only for shows where there’s proper seating and you will not have to stand. They can even be the ones in your local community that provides entertainment.
- Shopping: In the last trimester, you can prepare the list of things you will need for the baby and you. So go on a shopping date with your husband, and finish the purchases without leaving them until last minute. Shopping for baby will surely be filled with excitement for both of you.
- Game or Reading Night: If there are board games that you enjoy playing together, just get food delivered and begin playing together. You could even play video games if you like them, or carom board, or chess. Reading a non-baby book together, especially something light and funny will keep you both entertained.
No matter what your plan, remember to stay focussed on your partner and enjoy yourself thoroughly.