When the climate changes, mothers get confused about seasonal baby care. There are few things mothers can keep in mind during climate change to avoid infections and prevent your baby from falling sick.
- Maintain proper hygiene. Wash hands and use sanitizer before handling your baby.
- Bathe your baby safely. Always maintain the water at room temperature while giving bath.
- When massaging your baby make sure that you don’t do it in cool air conditions.
- Make sure you use lukewarm water to give bath to your baby.
- After a bath, dry your baby properly. Especially the head.
- During summer, make sure your kid wipes the sweat and changes clothes as and when needed. Check the head first. Keep the fan or air conditioner on as necessary so that head does not sweat.
- Breastfeeding your baby will improve your baby’s immunity and keeps your baby healthy.
- Dress your baby appropriately according to the climate. When it’s cold or rainy make sure your baby feels warm. But during summer make sure to choose light and airy clothes. You can also read 6 Baby Care Tips To Beat The Heat.
- Make sure you give your kid a proper diet with all necessary nutrients and vitamins. A good diet can help your baby fight infections.
- Keep away from sick people. Prevention is better than cure.
- Wash baby’s clothes separately. Make sure you dry the clothes under the sun during summer. During winter, it’s good to iron the clothes to avoid bacterial infections.
Despite all precautions, if your kid falls sick do not panic. Getting sick is a part of growing and you can always consult your doctor immediately.