You can serve this soup to your baby as well other family members. Your baby should be made to feel that the rest of the family too has meals similar to what he or she does. This association will make your baby feel more eager to participate during family meal times.
INGREDIENTS (240 ml cup used)
- Cauliflower – ¼ cup chopped
- Bottle gourd – ¼ cup peeled and chopped
- Carrot – ¼ cup peeled and chopped
- Tomato – ¼ cup chopped and deseeded
- Potato – ¼ cup peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- In a pressure cooker add the cauliflower, bottle gourd, carrot, potato and tomatoes with 1 cup of water.
- Allow it to cook on medium flame for 2 whistles. Let the steam escape before opening the lid.
- Cool the mixture slightly and blend the boiled vegetables in a mixer grinder till the consistency is smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for about a minute or so. If the consistency becomes too thick, add hot water to the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve lukewarm.
- You can also add a small dollop of butter while serving.
- You can use any seasonal vegetables for this recipe.
- You can also add half a teaspoon of sugar and few drops of lemon juice to the soup to make the flavours pop.
Cauliflower is rich in potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Tomatoes are rich in potassium, vitamin A, phosphorus and other minerals and vitamins. One medium-sized tomato contains 22 calories. Carrots are rich in vitamin A, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and half a cup of unsalted boiled carrots contains 0.59 grams of protein, 27 calories and 2.3 grams of fiber. Bottle gourd contains folate, vitamin C, thiamin, niacin, pantothenic acid, and minerals such as calcium, iron, zinc and potassium.