INGREDIENTS (using a 250 ml cup)
- Soya chunks (nuggets) – 1 packet
- Coriander leaves – ½ bunch, chopped
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Carrot – 1, peeled and chopped
- Ginger – 1-inch piece, crushed
- Garlic – 3 cloves, crushed
- Coriander seeds powder – 1 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala – ¼ teaspoon
- Potatoes – 3 medium sized, boiled and mashed
- Green chilies – 2, de-seeded and chopped
- Bengal gram flour (besan) – for coating
- Salt – to taste
- Burger buns – 6
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Boil the soya nuggets in hot water and a pinch of salt for 5 minutes until they are soft and fluffy.
- Squeeze out the water from the nuggets.
- Add all the ingredients except potatoes and gram flour in a food processor and it blends to make a grainy paste.
- In a large bowl, mix the blended ingredients with the mashed potatoes to form a smooth, soft mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions.
- Shape them into round patties.
- Refrigerate the filling for 10 minutes.
- Make a batter out of gram flour, salt, turmeric, and water.
- Now, take a deep bottom frying pan and heat some oil, dip each burger into the gram flour batter and shallow fry them on medium flame.
- Take two burger buns and spread some mayonnaise or cheese spread and sandwich the patty in between the two halves of the buns with lettuce leaves and tomato ketchup.
1 serving of Soya nuggets (28.6 grams) contains 96 kcal of energy, 15 grams of protein, and 11 grams of carbohydrates. It also contains iron and vitamin C.