INGREDIENTS (using a 250 ml cup)
- Soya granules – ¾ cups
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – 1 teaspoon
- Split dal lentils (urad dal) – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger- green chili paste – ¾ teaspoon
- Finely chopped onions – ½ cups
- Grated carrot – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – only for garnishing
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for fifteen minutes. Drain the water and squeeze the excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin seeds start to crackle, add the split black lentils (urad dal), and sauté it till it becomes golden brown.
- Now add the ginger-chilli paste and the chopped onions and sauté it on a medium flame for one to two minutes, till the onion turns golden brown.
- Add the grated carrots and sauté for two to three minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of water and let the dal and carrot soften.
- Add the soya granules, salt, lemon juice, mix well, and cook on medium flame for two to three minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the ingredients from getting burnt.
- Remove from wok. Garnish it with finely coriander chopped leaves.
You can also add dry roasted flattened rice (Poha / Chura) to the dish for crunchiness. To dry roast flattened rice, add ¼ cup of dry flattened rice to a frying pan and let it roast on low to medium flame till the flattened rice turn crunchy and give off a roasted aroma. You can dry roast additional quantity of flattened rice and store it in an airtight container.
1 serving of Soya nuggets (28.6 grams) contains 96 kcal of energy, 15 grams of protein, and 11 grams of carbohydrates. It also contains iron and vitamin C.