Rice is an easily digestible grain. Instead of eating plain rice you can try out this simple recipe with a curry of your choice.
INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Soaked Basmati rice or Brown rice – 1 ½ cups
- Chopped Spring onions – 6
- Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoons
- Sliced garlic – 8 to 10
- Salt – according to taste
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped spring onion greens – 1 cup
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds
- As they begin to change colour, add spring onions and garlic and sauté until brown.
- Put the rice. Stir and mix it gently
- Add 3 cups of water, salt, garam masala powder and mix. Cover it until the water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Add sprinkle of lemon juice and garnish it with spring onion greens.
- Rice is a primary source of carbohydrate with some amount of protein. Brown rice contains more fiber than white rice. 1 cup of uncooked white rice contains 716 kCal of energy.