INGREDIENTS (240 ml cup used)
- Sweet corn kernels – 1 ½ cup (fresh or frozen)
- Potato – ½ to 1 medium sized, finely chopped (or 1 tsp corn starch)
- Green peas – ¼ cup
- Carrots – ¼ cup, finely chopped
- Beans – 4 to 6, finely chopped
- Spring onions – 2 to 3 sprigs, chopped
- Water – 2 ½ to 3 cups
- Cauliflower – 2 to 3 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Butter – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – ¼ to ½ teaspoon
- Pepper powder – as needed
- Heat butter in a pot and add all the finely chopped vegetables except spring onions.
- Sauté the vegetables for 2 minutes. Add water and boil till all the vegetables get cooked.
- Cooking on a low flame makes the soup taste better.
- While the soup boils, mix corn starch in a little water; stir it into the soup and mix well.
- When the vegetables are soft and cooked, pour this into the pot and stir till it thickens. Add salt and sugar as well.
- If you want you can blend the soup in a mixer grinder and serve as well.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve warm with a dash of pepper powder.
100 grams of sweet corn kernels contain about 86 calories and are mainly composed of simpler carbohydrates like glucose and sucrose. It has high levels of beta-carotenes and vitamin A. It is also a good source of flavonoid antioxidant, ferulic acid.