She will now forever be known as “so –and so’s”mom. The average first-time mom does not enjoy motherhood until the baby is six months old. The first-time moms should write milestones down. Even though a parent might have heard that you should never bribe your child …there will be times when she ends up doing just that!
Listed below are a few things that a new mum finds herself doing:
- There will be days when the mom cries as much as her baby. This is normal. There may be days when she cries more than her baby. This is also normal.
- There will be days when the mom will want to return to work just so she can have a break. Being a stay-at-home mom is harder though. She can do nothing except learn to live with it. However, you will do well to remember what Mildred B. Vermont said – “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field since the payment is pure love.”
- If the mom is having one of those days when she feels discouraged because she is getting nothing done, she should take time out, say around 15 to 20 minutes, to play with the child without multitasking. It will instantly give her perspective.
- She should take long moments to stare at the little one and drink in that baby goodness. They really do grow way too fast.
- Hearing her baby say “Mama” for the first time will definitely melt your heart.
- The mom may be tempted to spend more time making sure her baby looks cute than making sure she does herself. She should take out time for herself too.
- Different babies have different milestones at different times. The mom should try her best not to compare.
- During the first few months, the mom should be prepared to go through the baby’s clothing and pack up the too-small ones and take out the bigger ones.
- Immunizations can be harder for a mom than for the baby.
- She should always try to leave five minutes earlier than she needs to.
- Some moms can suffer from separation anxiety too and have trouble handing the baby over to someone else for intermittent periods of rest. It is not unreasonable or weird. She needs to feel confident that her baby will be safe even when away from her and that confidence develops over time.
- Many times a mom can be hard on herself for not understanding why her baby keeps screaming. She probably assumes that she is doing it all wrong. But motherhood is not being right all the time. You just need to be patient and give it your best shot.