For children who are 25 to 36 months old, the best toys are:
- Art and craft supplies, such as crayons, finger paints, chalkboards and modelling clay.
- Simple board games for beginners.
- Train sets and cars, dolls with accessories.
- Rocking horses, playhouses, miniature appliances that foster imitative play.
- Puzzles and construction sets.
- Swing sets, sand boxes and other riding toys.
- Electronic educational games and workbooks that introduce kids to phonics, the alphabet and numbers.
- Simple musical instruments.
- Stuffed animals and dolls.