INGREDIENTS (using a 250 ml cup)
- Plain non-fat or low-fat Greek-style yogurt – 3 cups
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Maple syrup or Jaggery – ½ cup or ¼ cup honey
- Take a large mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s directions or for about 20- 25 minutes until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- For harder frozen yogurt or to store, place into an airtight container in the freezer. To store for more than 24 hours, make sure to cover the surface with wax paper, before placing the lid. This will prevent ice crystals from forming on the top.
- To make the yogurt without an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a wide shallow container and freeze, uncovered for one and a half hours, scraping and mixing every half hour. Once the yogurt is evenly frozen, store in an airtight container with a lid.
- Serve it with yours or your child’s favorite fruits.
- Yogurt is highly nutritious and a good source of protein, calcium, and potassium. It contains probiotics that are extremely beneficial for the health of the human digestive system. Yogurt also acts as a natural coolant during summer months.