INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Pigeon pea lentils (Arhar/Toor dal) – 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Bengal gram lentil (Chana dal) – 1 tablespoon
- Split green gram lentil (Moong dal) – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies – 4 pieces
- Boiled and mashed red pumpkin – ½ cup
- Chopped tomatoes – ½ cup
- Chopped carrots – ¼ cup
- Green peas – ¼ cup
- Chopped cauliflower – ¼ cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon dust – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Put the arhar dal, few fenugreek seeds, chana dal and moong dal in a pressure cooker, add some water, and pressure cook till three whistles.
- Heat ghee in a wok, add the remaining fenugreek seeds and ginger-garlic paste.
- Add the vegetables and sauté it for five minutes.
- Add sugar, salt, green chillies and little water till they are well cooked.
- Now add the cooked dal to this mixture, cover it with a lid and cook on low flame till the vegetables are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander before serving.
- 100 grams of pigeon peas or arhar dal or toor dal contains 335 calories, 22 grams of protein, 58 grams of carbohydrates and 12 grams of dietary fiber. It is also a good source of vitamin A, calcium and iron.
- Vegetables are a good source of vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber.