INGREDIENTS (using a 250 ml cup)
- Vermicelli – 1 cup (preferably whole wheat vermicelli), roasted
- Cabbage – 1 cup, finely shredded
- Green peas, capsicum, carrots, boiled sweet corn kernels and french beans – 1 cup
- Potato – 1 cup, small cubes
- Peanuts – ¼ cup, roasted (avoid in case your child is allergic to nuts)
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Roast vermicelli in 1 tablespoon oil and keep aside.
- Roast peanuts in the same pan without using extra oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil, the cumin seeds, and curry leaves. Once the cumin seeds start to crackle, add the cabbage, mixed vegetables, and potato. Sauté for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add about 1 cup of water and salt to the vegetables.
- Add the vermicelli when the vegetables are cooked and mix gently.
- Cover the lid and let the contents simmer on low flame for a minute or two.
- Once vermicelli is cooked, add the remaining oil and toss lightly.
- Remove from heat and add roasted peanuts and garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can add few drops of lemon juice to enhance the taste.
- Serve with raita or pickles.
- Vegetables are a great source of vitamins and minerals. Vegetables that are green, yellow or orange in colour are rich sources of beta-carotene, calcium, vitamin B-complex, vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin K.
- 100 grams of vermicelli contains 157 calories, 5.77 grams of protein, iron, calcium and potassium.