You are pregnant once again and it is a joyful occasion in your life. You obviously are far more confident and upbeat this time around. After all you have been there not very far in the past and this time you know what to expect.
However you have been wondering whether the second experience will be different from the first. It will easier or more difficult than the first. Whether the first time dos and don’ts still apply the second time around.
- Morning Sickness or Nausea: If you suffered from nausea during pregnancy the first time, chances are that you will probably have it this time too. Sorry. You will probably have to explain it to your older kid, and fake some cheer.
- Eating right: By the third trimester eating for your new baby is something that you have to be conscious about because your body’s store of nutrients might be depleted after the first deliver and breastfeeding. Do not ignore the nutrient requirements and do not forget to take the supplements. Eating leftover food of your child has to be a thing of the past.
- Feeling the baby inside you: This time you might feel the baby as early as 14 weeks. This is because you are an experienced mother now and are more conscious of the baby’s movements. By the third trimester you will be completely aware of it.
- Showing the bump: Since your muscles have been stretched once before, chances are that the baby bump will appear sooner this time. This means you will have to announce the pregnancy earlier this time.
- Weight Management: As a young mother you are already tired and probably do not have the time to exercise. However it is important that you manage your weight gain. Even a ten minute walk is a good exercise.
- Lifting Heavy Objects: You are used to carrying your toddler every now and then. You do not have to stop that because you are pregnant. If you have an uncomplicated pregnancy that is. However your centre of gravity shifts during pregnancy therefore is careful about your balance when you lift your toddler to avoid falling.
- Easier labour: If you had a vaginal birth earlier, then the muscles are already stretched. This will make the second delivery easier provided there are no complications. It you had a C Section, you will have one again. But this time you know what to expect.
- Breastfeeding: If you are still breastfeeding your first child, continue to do so. As your placenta grows, milk production will drop by the third trimester and the breast milk starts tasting salty. This will lead to your toddler weaning away on their own.
- Loving your child: Will I love my second child as much as the first? This is a common concern most mothers have. The truth is that each child is unique and you will find them adorable in their own way and love them for what they are.
Enjoy your pregnancy with your toddler. You already have gone through it once, the second can only be better.