If you are a parent-to-be and can’t really wait for full term to know the gender of your baby, you might like to try some fun methods to predict it. So here are 10 old wives tales to help you predict the gender of your baby.
- How you carry your baby: Old wives tales say that if your baby bump is high and spread out, you might be carrying a girl. If it is low and angling towards the front, then it could be a boy.
- Morning sickness: If you have suffered from morning sickness during the first trimester, then you are more likely to have a girl. If your first trimester was free of morning sickness, you have more chances of having a boy.
- Cravings: If you have developed a sweet tooth during pregnancy, then a sweet little baby girl could be on her way. If your cravings are more for salty food, then higher are the chances of having a boy.
- Skin: If your skin has become very dull and lack luster you will have a baby girl. If your skin is glowing then you will have a baby boy.
- Hair: Hair fall during pregnancy can be very frustrating, but it can also be a signal of the gender of your baby. If you are losing more hair then it is a girl. If you are having lustrous locks, then it is more likely that it is a boy.
- Mood swings: If your moods have become quite volatile, the old wives tales say you will have a baby girl. If you continue to be in a good mood during pregnancy, you are likely to have a baby boy.
- Swinging of ring: Tales have it that if you tie your wedding ring to a thread and let it swing over your stomach, and it swings to and fro then it is a baby girl, and if swings in a circular motion, it is a baby boy.
- Boob test: Check your boobs. If your left breast is larger than the right one, then you might be blessed with a baby girl. If the right ones bigger than the left, it could be a boy.
- Cold feet: The thought of labor can give you cold feet. Having frequent coldness in feet could be a sign that you are carrying a baby boy.
- Directions matter Even the direction in which you sleep also can help determine the gender of your baby. If your pillow faces south, you are likely to have a baby girl. If it faces north, the baby is going to be a boy.
These old wives tales are not at all serious or accurate when it comes to gender prediction. Whether girl or boy, all you really want is a healthy and happy baby. Anyway, there are 50% chances of these predictions actually being right.